Proper denture care must be done to keep dentures clean and free of bacteria that might spread through the gums and mouth. There is no way to take your dentures for granted since failure in giving your dentures proper hygiene may lead to plaque build-up which can cause a more severe problem to the overall oral health.
Gardner & Swanner General and Cosmetic Dentistry provide dentures services to patients who want to restore their smile. We offer two restorative dentures treatment, partial and full dentures.
Here’s how to properly care for your dentures:
- Brush your dentures daily to remove food, plaque, and other deposits. You can do this by removing your dentures from your mouth gently. Remember not to brush your dentures directly in your mouth since other denture cleansers may contain harsh ingredients.
- Avoid using hot water for cleaning your dentures for it might cause your dentures to warp.
- Make sure not to use bleach-containing products to avoid dentures discoloration.
- When handling your dentures, do not clasp or bend the plastic to avoid damage. Handle your dentures with care.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning materials.
- It is also important to soak your dentures when not worn to avoid making it dry or lose its shape. Here is some dentures soak that you can try at home:
Baking Soda and Vinegar. Mix the two solutions in a glass of water until it bubbles. Soak the dentures in the solution overnight. Baking soda and vinegar mixture is the natural alternative in keeping your dentures bright and clean.
Vodka. Pour vodka in a large mouth jar and place your dentures to disinfect. You can also reuse it several times for your dentures soak.
- Put a small amount of aloe vera gel on your dentures regularly to moisturize it.
- Schedule a regular check-up to your dentist to ensure proper fit of your dentures and if you have any discomfort wearing your dentures.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Dentures Services in Richmond, VA. Book your appointment with us at Gardner & Swanner General and Cosmetic Dentistry and let us help you achieve a beautiful and healthy teeth! We are located at 8133 Forest Hill Ave. Suite 201 Richmond, VA 23235.